Email distribution lists by Status, Section, or Group allow you to target messages to just the right people.
Manage Your Email Communications in Chorus Connection
Go to: My Account>Communications
- Sending Messages to Group Email Addresses
- Recent Emails & Email History
- Replies to Group Emails
- Email Settings
Sending Messages to Group Email Addresses
Sending group emails is just like sending any other ordinary email message. You simply address the message to one of the group email addresses you find in the Groups I Can Email area under My Account>Communications. If you're an Admin or other designated leader, you'll likely see some addresses you're authorized to use.
To send an email, you must be logged into your own email provider (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, AOL, etc.) for the same email address that is listed in your own Chorus Connection profile. Once logged into your email, simply compose a new message and put the group's email address in the To or CC field.
After you hit send, your message will be forwarded to everyone who belongs to the grouping you chose. Your users will receive this email in their own personal email inboxes for the email address that is listed in their Chorus Connection profiles. In other words, you do not have to log in to Chorus Connection to send or receive emails!
Note: Messages sent to group email addresses in Chorus Connection are designed to be "official business." It's understood that your membership has "opted-in" to receiving chorus email messages. There isn't a way for members to unsubscribe themselves. They'll need to reach out to a chorus leader for assistance.
Recent Emails & Email History
When you send a message through a group email address, Chorus Connection captures a text-only version of the message and archives it in the Email History for the grouping. Archived messages will show on the Dashboard under Recent Emails and with the grouping under My Account>Communications.
Note: Members will see only messages sent to their own groupings under Recent Emails. Only people with Admin permissions can see every message in the organization's Email History.
Replies to Group Emails
When someone hits Reply on a group email message they received, the reply message will be addressed back to the author of the original message. If someone hits Reply All instead, the reply message will be addressed back to the original author AND the group's email address. If the reply sender does not have permission to use the group email address, that copy of the message will bounce and the sender will receive a rejection notice in their inbox.
When you create any Group, Section, or active Status in Chorus Connection, you assign an email address that works as a distribution list to people who belong to those groupings. Additionally, you have full control over who is authorized to send messages to each distribution list. These settings can be updated at any time.
- Name - This is the actual name of the grouping.
- Email - This is the custom email address you choose. You're able to decide on the portion before the @ symbol. For more information about the portion after the @ symbol see this article which explains abbreviated names in Chorus Connection.
- People who can email this group - Use these options to control who can send messages to the grouping.
- Admins only - Only people with the Admin permission level can send emails to this address.
- Admins and some group members - In addition to Admins, you can grant permission to other specific members of the grouping to email the list. This is great for people like Section Leaders or committee chairs.
- Admins and all group members - Please pause and reflect. Do you really want to allow every member of the grouping to e-blast and "reply all" to everyone else? Kidding aside, only use this option if you're comfortable with free-flowing conversations from everyone in the group, section, or status that you're editing.