Statuses help differentiate between your active and inactive users in Chorus Connection!
Manage Statuses in Chorus Connection
Go to: Manage>Statuses
- The Basics: Active vs Archival Statuses
- Sample Statuses
- Changing a Member's Status
- Archived Users FAQs
The Basics: Active vs. Archival Statuses
Statuses are used to activate or deactivate a person's access to Chorus Connection. They help you categorize how each person is participating with your chorus and allow you to send emails to that group of people. You set a member's status in their profile.
We have two types of statuses Active and Archival:
- Members with an active-type status: Can log in to Chorus Connection, receive group emails, subscribe to chorus calendars, and they show in the Member Directory. They count toward your user limit.
- Members with an archival-type status: Cannot log in to Chorus Connection, they are shut off from group emails and the calendar, and they are hidden from the Member Directory. They do not count toward your user limit. (You can have unlimited archival members.)
We start you off with a set of sample statuses to get you started. In most cases, you'll want to create a handful of additional statuses to help categorize member participation or reasons for leaving.
- Leave of Absence
- Former Staff
- In Memoriam or Deceased
- Moved Away
- New Member Dropout
Pro tip: Since both Active and Archival people are included in member exports, you might consider how you could use member information outside of Chorus Connection. For example, you might want to bring contact information into Mailchimp or ConstantContact. In that case, it's very helpful to have accurate Archival Statuses so you can exclude people with statuses like "In Memoriam" or "Deceased."
Creating, Editing, and Deleting Statuses
- To create a Status: Click the New button, type the status's name, and check the box if the status is archived. If the status is not archival, you're able to create an email address.
- To edit a Status: Click the green Edit button beside it. You can change the name of the status and you can customize the e-mail address.
- To adjust the Status email permissions: Each active-type status has an email address, and you have total control over who can use it. You can choose from three options so only the right people can e-blast the members of this status.
- Admins only: This locks down the email address so only full Admins can send emails to this list.
- Admins and some group members: This allows you to select individual users and grant them permission to send emails to this list. (Check the "Can Email?" box for each person to which you would like to give email privileges.)
- Admins and all group members: This turns the email address into a "chat" list. Please use this setting carefully since it means that every singer can send and "reply all" to every status message.
- To delete a Status: Make sure that no members have the status. Then click the Delete button next to the status.
Changing a Member's Status
Changing a member's status is as simple as editing their profile by going to the Manage>Members page and search for the member. Keep in mind that you might need to hit the Filters button and include archival statuses if you don't find the member right away.
Click edit next to their profile. The status selection is near the bottom in the Office Use area.
Archived Users FAQs
What are Archived Users?
Archiving users is a way of retaining historical data in the Chorus Connection database without eating into your user limit. Archived users...
Do not count towards your user limit.
Cannot log in to Chorus Connection.
Will not receive emails sent through Chorus Connection.
Will not appear in the directory.
Will be removed from all groups.
Will be preserved in your member database, along with all contact, payment, and attendance data.
How Do I Archive a User?
Whether a user is archived depends on that user's status. Different choruses use different terminology, but most choruses have an "Alumni" or "Inactive "status in Chorus Connection that is archival.
You can see which statuses in your database are archival by scrolling over the info icon on the Manage>Members page (see image). You just need to switch the user to one of those archival statuses.
How Do I Find Users Once They’ve Been Archived?
Archived users are hidden by default on the Manage>Members page. However, you can easily find them again by clicking on the Filters button and selecting the checkboxes for archival status(es) that you would like to show.
Can I Unarchive a User?
Absolutely! If you want an archived user to be able to access Chorus Connection again, just change the user back to one of the non-archival statuses. If you're having trouble finding the user to make that change, see the instructions for the previous question.
Having trouble deciding on "statuses" for your organization? Fear not! Chorus Connection is flexible because we know that each group is set up a bit differently. Our team can help you configure statuses in the best way to meet your chorus's needs!