Whether you're SSA, SATB, TTBB, or a youth choir with multiple levels — Sections in Chorus Connection can be customized for your chorus's setup!
Manage Sections in Chorus Connection
Go to: Manage>Sections
- Notes for Adult Choirs
- Notes for Youth Choirs
- Creating, Editing, and Deleting Sections
- Changing a Member's Section
Notes for Adult Choirs
For adult choirs, sections are most often your chorus's voice parts and one additional "catch-all" section for folks who are entirely non-singing. Non-singing is often used for staff members or volunteers or other supporters who never sing with your group. Every member must have a section, and they can only be assigned to one section. So, if folks ever sing with your group, they ought to be in the section for their voice part.
Notes for Youth Choirs
For youth choirs, sections are usually your chorus's "levels" or "ensembles." Then there will be sections for adults like Staff, Parents, etc. Every person (adult and child) must have a section, and they can only be assigned to one section. That means you would want to create sections only for your "core" levels or ensembles; groups where there isn't any overlap.
Creating, Editing, and Deleting Sections
- To create a Section: Click the New button then type the section's name and the section's email address. You're able to customize the email address before the @ symbol.
- To edit a Section: Click the green Edit button beside it. You can change the name of the section and you can customize the e-mail address.
- To change a Section's email permissions: Each section has an email address, and you have total control over who can use it. You can choose from three options so only the right people can e-blast the members of the section.
- Admins only: This locks down the email address so people with the Admin permission level can use it.
- Admins and some group members: This allows you to grant permission to use the email address to just the people you choose from the list. (Check the "Can Email?" box for each person to which you would like to give email privileges.)
- Admins and all group members: This turns the email address into a "chat" list. Please use this setting carefully since it means that every singer can send and "reply all" to every section message.
- To delete a Section: Make sure no members are in the section. Then click the Delete button next to the section.
Important note: Deleting a section will permanently delete the section's email archive.
Changing a Member's Section
Changing a member's section is as simple as editing their profile. Go to the Manage>Members page and search for the member.
Click Edit next to their profile. The section selection is in the Membership Info area.
Having trouble deciding on "sections" for your organization? Fear not! Chorus Connection is flexible because we know that each group is set up a bit differently. Our team can help you configure sections in the best way to meet your chorus's needs! Contact us if you need help.